It’s hard to believe another year has gone by, but here we are again…it’s May and that means INTA is on our schedule for this month! While last year’s events took place in Barcelona, this year it’s a little closer to home for the AppDetex team, and we are looking forward to our upcoming trip to Seattle.
With over 300 educational sessions, 100+ committee, project team and Committee Meetings as well as 30+ networking receptions and 100+ exhibitors, it promises to be another intense and information packed five days! This year’s highlights will include a focus on new anti-counterfeiting measures, the effects of the upcoming GDPR changes, and a focus on the ever-evolving IP landscape. On top of that, there are new excursion opportunities as well as speed networking aimed at getting attendees out into the surrounding areas and mingling, and an epic opportunity to see Joan Jett live at the Saturday night concert.
With so many amazing classes, lectures, and social networking opportunities to take advantage of, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially if this is your first time. Luckily, we’ve got a few INTA’s under our belts and are happy to pass along our tips for how to navigate the event.
BEFORE YOU GO
- Get planning now: Make a schedule ahead of time and map out exactly what you want to do and when you have to be there. It’s never too early to start scheduling. You can build your own custom calendar by logging into the ICANN Registrant Portal. There are so many sessions, classes, talks and events going on that it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Planning out your day ahead of time will help make sure you’re not missing anything important.
- #Stayinformed: Want to know what’s going on minute by minute? Following INTA on twitter (twitter.com/INTA or by going directly to @INTA in the Twitter app) is your best bet for breaking news, instant updates and a behind the scenes look at what’s going on. You can also search Twitter for the official #INTA2018 hashtag and see other tweets from fellow attendees, local businesses offering specials and deals around the Seattle area, and general information about the event. Of course, if you’re as excited as we are for the big kickoff, you can follow along at #countdowntointa2018.
WHEN YOU GET THERE
- Read all about it: Make sure you keep up with the INTA Daily News every day. It’s constantly updated with the Annual Meeting highlights as well as a general overview of what’s going on all five days of the Annual Meeting. The INTA Daily News will also include the most current and up to date version of the daily schedule and will reflect any and all changes to programming.
- Always have your badge with you: This is your golden ticket into the convention center, the general education sessions, the Exhibition Hall, receptions, and all events at the neighboring hotels.
- Get out and about: While many of the programs, classes, lectures and activities are taking place in the main convention center, there will be other opportunities around town. Take advantage of Seattle’s world class public transportation and get out and about! Speaking of transportation, be sure to plan your day accordingly and give yourself enough time to travel between sessions, meetings, networking and events.
- Split up: Because there are more than 300 customized educational opportunities, and many sessions take place simultaneously, it’s a good idea to think strategy, especially if you’re attending as part of a team. It’s not a bad idea to split up and attend different sessions and then get together at the end of the day and compare notes. This goes for the networking excursions as well. INTA offers a multitude of amazing opportunities to get out and meet new people while simultaneously engaging in incredible adventures all around Seattle. Use these as an opportunity to not only explore the area but to also create new and lasting friendships with contacts and industry peers.
- Absolutely remember to swing by the Exhibition Hall: Not only is it a great place to mingle with other attendees, you’ll be to get invaluable hands-on experience with new resources and services as well as one-on-one time with vendors and representatives of the many exhibitors throughout the space…including our booth, AppDetex. Be sure to swing by and come visit our hardworking team! We’ll be at spot #123 and can’t wait to say hello in person.
Speaking of saying hello in person, if you'd like to schedule some one-on-one time with our amazing team, now is the time to book them!